Chicken biryani recipe is a rice-based dish made with spices, rice (usually basmati), and mixed with chicken. Biryani was believed to have been invented in the kitchen of Mughal Emperors. It is very popular in the Indian subcontinent and is a key element of the South Asian cuisine.
CHICKEN BIRYANI RECIPE
Ingredients for Chicken Biryani Recipe:
1 kg chicken
2 onions sliced
Oil for frying
1 kg basmati rice
1 inch cinnamon 1 piece
½ tsp shah zeera
3 to 4 cardamom
1 black cardamom
2 bay leaves
1 biryani star
1 tbsp Lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 ½ litre water
1 ginger of 2 inch
10 to 12 garlic
10 to 12 green chilies
(Note: make paste of the above 3 ingredients)
1 tsp Shah zeera (black cumin seeds)
1 tsp zeera (cumin seeds)
4 to 5 cloves (laung)
2 inch stick of Cinnamon
6 to 7 Green cardamoms
1 tsp Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
½ tsp Black pepper
¼ tsp Nutmeg (jaiphal)
¼ tsp Mace
Salt to taste
1½ tsp Red chilli or to taste
½ tsp Turmeric powder
(Note: mix the above ingredients from shah zeera to turmeric powder and blend in a blender)
3 to 4 tsp lemon juice
1 cup thick curd or yogurt
2 to 3 tbsp oil (use oil in which we had fried onions)
Saffron or ½ tsp orange food colors
4 to 5 tbsp milk
1. First deep fry the onions slices till golden brown and keep aside.
2. Chicken marinating: wash chicken then add lemon juice and curd and mix with the hand then add ginger, garlic, green chilies paste and mix then add all spices powders and oil, some fried onions mix well keep it aside for 1 hour.
3. Biryani rice: take a big pan add water and cook the water till starts to boil then add all the spice and salt then add rice when rice start to cook then add lemon juice
(Make sure you half boil the rice don’t cook them completely because while you cook them with chicken rice will become too soft and mashie).
4. After half boiling the rice take rice in strainer and wash with cool water and keep side.
5. Take thick bottom pan add half of the marinated chicken and make the layer of marinated chicken then spread the layer of rice then chicken and the rice total 4 layer 2 of rice and 2 of chicken.
6. Now take small bowl add milk and food color and keep aside.
7. Then sprinkle some fried onions on the top of rice in the pan then add the milk mixture round from the top add some oil as desire.
8. And now cover the pan with the tight lid and cover the lid (with aluminum cover or a wet cloth) and put the pan on high flame for about 10 to 15 minutes after that put the iron pan below the pan and low the flame and cook for more half an hour.
9. Then serve the chicken biryani and enjoy it with your family.