Karavadai Recipe is one of the popular snacks in Nagercoil. A simple to make crispy evening snack. Its made with urial, raw rice and parboiled rice along with spices and herbs. Sometimes, we feel to bit something spice and crispy in the evening along with a hot tea/coffee. This would be so good when you serve hot. If the kara vada cools down, then it will be little tough to consume. Also we need a dip like a coconut chutney or green coconut chutney to consume this delicious Kara vada.
Karavadai Recipe Ingredients
All purpose flour (Maida) 1 cup
Rice flour 1/4 cup
Onions 2 small finely chopped
Green chillies 4 finely chopped
Curry leaves a few Mint (Optional)
a small bunch washed and finely chopped
Salt 1/2 t.spoon
Cooking oil for frying
Karavadai Recipe Method
Karavadai Recipe is very easy and tasty recipe, the method is as follows.
- Soak the urad dhal in water and soak the rice separately in water for about 2 hours
- Grind the urad dhal in mixer till they are coarse
- When the dhal is half ground then add the rice and grind it to a coarse paste along with red chilli, salt, ginger, grated coconut and roasted gram dhal
- Take the dough in a bowl and add chopped coriander leaves, onions, curry leaves and mix well
- Heat the oil in the pan, and test the oil for the readiness. Now take small balls of dough and dip it into the oil and fry it till it becomes crisp and then put the vada in tissue paper to extract the excess oil
- Now the delicious Karavadai is ready to serve.