How to make Sindhi Sai Bhaji:
Sindhi Sai Bhaji is a traditional Sindhi dish prepared with greens, dal & vegetables. I prepare this often at home and it comes under my list
Making time: 30 minutes (excluding cooling time)
Makes for: 6
Shelf life: Best fresh
Sindhi Sai Bhaji Ingredients:
- 1 each-carrot, capsicum, onion, small cabbage, potato, brinjal, tomato, ladyfinger (okra) 100gm.
- french beans 9
- 1/2 bunch each spinach, coriander, khata (3 leaved) greens.
- 1/2 bunch any other leafy greens.
- 1 cup green gram dal
- 1/2 cup horsegram dal (channa dal)
- 4-5 green chillies
- 2-3 clovettes garlic
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1 tsp. dhania (coriander seed) powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tbsp. ghee
- 2 pinches asafoetida
Step 1:Clean and wash dals. Clean, wash and chop spinach and vegetables except tomato. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add all the vegetables, spinach and dals.
Step 2:Mix well, add enough water to cover the contents. Add all masalas and mix.
Step 3:Place whole tomato on top, cover and pressurecook for 3 whistles. Cool the cooker, open and hand blend the contents. Heat 1/2 tbsp. ghee add a pinch of asafoetida add to the mashed vegetable.
Serve hot with paratha or steamed rice