Rava dosa Recipe is a dosa made apart from regular dosas like onion dosa, masala dosa etc… It is unlike other dosas as it is made instantly and quick and is a very quick recipe. Rava dosa is not made using dosa batter but the main ingredient in making the recipe is the sooji/semolina/rava as they are usually called.
Rava Dosa Recipe Ingredients:
Rava Dosa Recipe Method:
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Add more buttermilk if necessary.
- ginger grated Roll the dosa in a three-fold cylinder.
- oil to shallow fry Serve hot with onion and/or coconut chutneys.
- The batter should be relatively thin. salt to taste Keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat griddle and pour 1 large spoon of batter on it.
- Spread by gent
- ly rotating the griddle.
- Put some oil (1/2 tsp.) over dosa.
- Lift with a spatula as for basic dosa.
Rava Dosa Makeing Time:
RAVA DOSA MAKING FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Firstly, take a bowl, into it add sooji/rava, add rice flour, all purpose flour/maida.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves, cumin seeds, very finely chopped onion, very finely chopped green chillies.
- Add salt according to taste, chopped curry leaves, crushed ginger.
- Add yogurt and mix up all the ingredients.
- Add water gradually and keep mixing the batter with water until a pouring consistency is obtained.
- Heat the griddle/tawa.
- Mix the batter well and take a bowl full of batter and pour the thin batter all over the tawa.
- Smear oil all over the rava dosa and also at the corners of the dosa.
- Cook the bottom side of the dosa well until it turns crisp brown.
- Fold the sooji dosa and take it out.
- Serve hot with chutney…