Sada (Plain) Dosa Recipe dosa recipe | plain dosa recipe | sada dosa recipe with step by step photo recipe. dosas are the staple food of south india. the urad dal and rice are soaked in water and later grind to a smooth batter. dosa batter is then kept for fermentation overnight. further dosas are prepared by spreading into circular motion. the crispy golden dosas are prepared by adding fenugreek seeds while soaking rice and urad dal. and the texture of dosa is completely dependent on fermentation of dosa batter.
Sada (Plain) Dosa Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup plain rice
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 1/4 cup white udad dal
- 1/2 tsp. methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1 /2 tsp soda bi carbonate
- 1/2 cup curds
- 10-12 tsps. ghee or oil as preferred
- Water for grinding
Sada (Plain) Dosa Recipe Method:
- Wash the rices and dal together.
- Add plenty of water and methi seeds.
- Allow to soak for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Rewash the rice by draining the water 2-3 times.
- Grind to a paste. Rawa-like grains should be felt in the batter. Add soda bicarb and salt and mix well.
- Keep aside in a warm place for 8-10 hours.
- Beat the curds well.
- Add to the batter, add more water if required.
- The consistency of the batter should be thick enough to thickly coat on a spoon when dipped.
- Heat the iron griddle or non-stick tawa well.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round.
- Pour a tsp. of ghee or oil over it.
- Remove with spatula when crisp.
- Serve hot with chutney and / or sambar.